Comicpalooza 2014 is here in just 4 days! ICECUBES will have a table and we expect to see you there starting Friday, May 23 until Monday, May 26!
This should be a giant event so come prepared to get your ICECUBES book signed, pick up some original art and meet Leroy Brown!
I was really happy to be part of the Menil Fest in Houston last week. The Menil is one of the greatest free art museums in Houston and to be part of the Indie Book Fair was great. I met a lot of new people and reconnected with friends like Jason Poland of Robby & Bobbie and Shane Patrick Boyle. I would also like to thank Stacey Kirages for including some of my cartoons in the new Zine Fest Houston Compilation!
I make funny drawings so it’s only fair that cool caricaturist Richard Muniz should make a funny drawing of me! I met Richard at a local market fair and he helped me set up my tent and was not only a great caricaturist but also a really nice guy. His drawings are great and people were loving them. I was a little jealous of how quick Richard was with the pencil. If only I could draw that quick!
If you’re ever in the Houston area looking for a great caricature artist, give Richard a shout: ajcvr2000(at)gmail.com
Well, here we are again at the beginning of a brand new year!
2014 holds some great surprises for ICECUBES fans and we’ll continue building on what we did in 2013!
A quick look back on the past year will reveal some pretty neat ICECUBES facts:
* ICECUBES is regularly syndicated in print in the Kingwood Monthly newspaper. I also created and edit a full monthly comics page featuring other guest artists including Mark Stokes of Zombie Boy, David Wilborn of Urban Jungle, Michael Hawkins with Jim Corn, Lonnie Easterling with Spudcomics and Kim Belding with PicPak.
* ICECUBES was featured at the awesome Comiculture Symposium at the University of Houston in Clear Lake. I participated in a live panel with James Barr creator of The Crow and ICECUBES comic art was displayed in the University art gallery.
* ICECUBES the book is in 5 comic book stores all across the country!
* The first ICECUBES comic book is almost completely sold out. (some artist editions left)
* I started work on a book of my earlier more ‘underground’ strips called Atomik Comix.
A zine preview was created for Houston Zine Fest and is still available for $1 + shipping.
* ICECUBES was submitted to some of the larger newspaper syndicates.
* More original art was sold at conventions and online.
There is more original art up for sale, click here!
* ICECUBES premiered 2 animated comics! Woohoo! More to come.
* Finally, a big surprise is coming in the next few weeks… so stay tuned!
Show your support for ICECUBES by purchasing one of the remaining numbered artist editions of the book. You can also become a paid subscriber for only ¢25 a month, or $2.50 for a full year! This will give you access to all the members only areas of the site where the archived comics are kept!
Thanks for reading ICECUBES!
Hello ICECUBES friends!
Here are some of the things ICECUBES has been involved in ‘offline’ recently. In September I participated in the ComiCulture symposium at the University of Houston Clear Lake along with artists like James O’Barr (The Crow). October was time for the Houston Zine Fest. I even published a special ‘zine’ for the occasion: Atomik Comix.This contains never before published underground stuff I’ve done over the years put together for this little zine as a prologue to a full blown Atomik Comix book I am secretly working on… More to come.
All this while going to conventions to promote the book and continuing to publish the comics page for my local news paper with contributions from Zombie Boy, Urban Jungle, Spudcomics, The Amaizing Jim Corn and PicPak! *phew!*
ICECUBES will be at Zine Fest Houston tomorrow Saturday, Oct. 12 from 3pm to 8pm. Come by and say hi, get your book signed and visit some of the other great indie publications on display! I’ll also have original art for sale.
Hey folks, ICECUBES is going to be part of a ‘cool’ comics symposium at the University of Houston – Clear Lake tomorrow September 21. If you are in the area it should be a great event to attend. There will be talks about comic art and writing as well as an art show and movie screening. Check out the flyer and mark the date.
All art and stories by Leroy Brown. All rights reserved. The 'ICECUBES' logo is a registered trademark. The name 'ICECUBES the comic strip', the characters, their likenesses, the format of the strip, the layout, the website and all references to the comic strip are trademark properties of Leroy Brown and estates. The stories and drawings are the exclusive copyright of Leroy Brown and estates and any licensing agreement must be made directly in writing with Leroy Brown and estates. Absolutely no reproduction, redistribution, copying, reformatting, re-purposing, re-broadcasting, re-transmitting, plagiarizing and/ or re-using in any format, be it digital or otherwise, including print, TV, animation, internet, electronic, e-books, mobile, toys, tee-shirts, objects of any sort and all other formatting not yet invented, in any country throughout the world and beyond.
Copyright 2006-2015 © Leroy Brown and estates.